Announcement for the MFW4A Working Paper Series - Call for Papers
The Making Finance Work for Africa (MFW4A) Secretariat is pleased to announce the launch of the MFW4A Working Paper Series.
The purpose of this Series is to enhance dissemination of current research on financial sector development in Africa, including communication of the findings to policy makers and practitioners. Papers submitted to the MFW4A Working Papers Series will be original works-in-progress. They are pre-published in the Series to stimulate discussions and revisions prior to publication in a specialized journal. Submission of papers is open to all academics and professionals. Authors will receive 500 Euros for each paper published in the Series. All the submitted papers will be reviewed to ensure that they are relevant to financial sector development in Africa, and meet high standards in terms of methodological rigor and value added to the literature. The review process will be coordinated by the MFW4A Knowledge Management team and supported by a team of academics and specialists in the field. To enhance communication of the findings to a non-specialist audience, authors of accepted papers would be invited to prepare a brief article of one or two pages, based on the submitted paper, for MFW4A's African Finance Forum (AFF) blog. AFF briefs should synthesize the key points of the full paper for policy makers and/or practitioners, including the main issues addressed in the paper, the main findings, the recommendations, as well as some key information about the methodology, underlying assumptions, and any potential caveats in the analysis. Benefits to Authors In addition to the 500 Euros reward for each paper accepted, the MFW4A Working Paper Series will provide the author:
- MFW4A Best Paper Award: This award honours the best paper published in the MFW4A Working Paper Series every two years. One criterion to be considered for the award is that the Working Paper has succeeded to be published in a top academic journal
- Broad access to policy makers and practitioners: Authors of selected MFW4A working papers may be invited to present at the MFW4A Partnership Forum or other high-level conferences, where they can discuss the findings of their work directly with policy makers and practitioners.
- Peer-review: Authors receive comments on their submissions from financial sector development experts in the field.
- Heightened visibility: Accepted papers are posted on the MFW4A website where they will be freely available. The papers will also be featured in MFW4A's bi-lingual newsletter, which is distributed to more than 10,000 financial sector experts.
- Post-publication review: MFW4A working papers are open to the public for comments. Authors are encouraged to respond to these comments and to further revise their papers in view of submission to scholarly journal. However, the original paper published on the MFW4A website will remain as such.
- Research dissemination grant: Authors are encouraged to attend and present their MFW4A Working Paper to prestigious international conferences including MFW4A events. Depending on budget availability, they may receive a partial or full financial support to cover the incurred expenses.
Send your full manuscripts in English or in French, as a single Word or PDF file to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org, and copy
email@example.com. An acknowledgement of receipt will be sent within two business days.
https://www.gate.cnrs.fr/IMG/pdf/Categorisation37_Nov2014.pdf. Following this ranking of 1 to 4, from the top to bottom, the top journals can be defined as those ranked 1 or 2.