Virtual Forum: THE EIB WEST AND CENTRAL AFRICA SME BANKING AND MICROFINANCE ACADEMY 2021
THE EIB WEST AND CENTRAL AFRICA SME BANKING AND MICROFINANCE ACADEMY 2021
Theme: Building a resilient MSME financial sector for inclusive growth in West and Central Africa
VIRTUAL FORUM: 5th - 6th OCTOBER 2021
As part of the EIB Financial Sector Technical Assistance Program for West and Central Africa, EIB in partnership with MFW4A is organizing the EIB Academy – a two-day forum taking place on 5th and 6th October 2021.
The EIB Academy is a well-established and recognized exchange forum and learning format that, in recent years, has been held physically in an African capital. Given the current circumstances, the 2021 version will be virtual and therefore accessible to a much wider audience.
Debates and interactive presentations will lead to reflection on various essential themes such as; how financial institutions (FIs) in the region can encourage entrepreneurship, integrate climate challenges into their operations, promote gender financing, pursue opportunities in the digitalization of services and operations and much more!
DAY ONE: 5th OCTOBER
Attendees will get access to a full day of thought-provoking debates and panel discussions, covering:
- EIB engagement in financial operations in West and Central Africa including related TA programme
- Regional perspectives on SME banking and microfinance
- West and Central Africa: Trends in macro-economic and financial sector performance
- MSME finance in the new normal: Risks and opportunities
- Green finance in West and Central Africa: Perspectives for financial institutions
- Finance with a Gender Lens: Experiences and achievements
- Digitalization and ways to digitize financial services – state of affairs in West and Central Africa
DAY TWO: 6th OCTOBER
Choose from 1 of 2 topics per session on day two (limited admission), covering gender finance, agriculture finance, green finance, digital finance and more!