African Financial Markets Initiative in partnership with Central Bank of Zambia will organise a workshop on Local Currency Bond Markets and Financial Sector Development
Enhancing Transparency in African Bond Markets
The African Financial Markets Initiative (AFMI) of the African Development Bank, in partnership with the Central Bank of Zambia (BOZ) is organising the 7th Annual Workshop on Local Currency Bond Markets and Financial Sector Development in Livingstone, Zambia on the 29th of October 2018. The workshop will be an opportunity to further hone the data collection skills of our Liaison Officers.
Overall, the objectives of hosting a training workshop for Liaison Officers are to increase the regional coverage of the data required by the Bank and to improve the quality of data collected. Specifically, the workshop will achieve the following objectives:
- To present the updates on African Domestic Bond Fund (ADBF);
- To present the recent developments of the financial sector in Africa;
- To improve the completeness and quality of data;
- To improve the quality whilst also increasing the amount of data collected in all RMCs;
- To increase finance ministers and central bank governors’ awareness on the importance of AFMI’s mandate.
For more information, please visit the AFMI Website.