Call for Proposals: CMDTF 2021 Annual Budget & Work Program
The Capital Markets Development Trust Fund (CMDTF) Secretariat is pleased to announce a Call for proposals (CfP) to be considered for the CMDTF 2021 Annual Budget & Work Program as per the Facility’s Operational procedures and Guidelines (2020). To submit your proposals, please find attached: FIRM- CMDTF REQUEST FOR FUNDS FORM in French and in English including a CMDTF Flyer.
The terms and conditions are here below:
AREAS OF INTERVENTIONS
- Capital Markets Regulatory & legal Environment (30%) - Capital Markets development Strategies | Capital Markets framework upgrades
- Capital Markets Infrastructure (20%) - Stock Exchanges and bond auctions systems upgrade |
- Diversification of Capital Markets products and services (30%) - Green bonds and Asset-backed securities/securitization | SME Capital Markets Instrument | Thematic instruments
- Broadening Capital Markets Investor base (20%) - African Capital Markets compliants under other offshore jurisdictions | Capital Markets data transparency | Capacity-Building for institutional investors and Banks.
- Knowledge dissemination - Flagship Reports on Capital Markets Development | Knowledge events on Capital Markets Development in West Africa
TARGETED CLIENT/RECIPIENT IN WEST AFRICA
- Stock exchanges
- Local/Regional Capital Markets authorities
- Institutional investors and their regulators
- Central Banks
- Regional Member Countries, Ministries of finances, DMOs,
- African Government institutions involved in Capital Markets development
- Ministry of Regional integration
- RECs/Regional and Continental bodies ( WAEMU (West African Economic and Monetary Union), ECOWAS (Economic Community of West African States), WAMI (West African Monetary Institute), African Continental Free Trade Area (AfCFTA) Secretariat)
ELIGIBLE TYPE OF ACTIVITIES
- Capital Markets Soft/hard Infrastructure Development technical assistance to modernize the functioning of targeted client /Recipient in West Africa
- Workshops and Seminars to build consensus/understanding/skills among stakeholders for appropriate policy, regulatory and institutional reforms.
- Policy, Regulatory and Institutional Reforms to assist design and implementation specific reforms, including studies, RoadMaps, MasterPlan.
- Capacity Building activities to strengthen capacity of targeted client in the design and execution of CM development-related projects and programs.
- Knowledge products and services i.e sector studies, establishment of trade knowledge platforms, market information systems, dissemination of best practices in the field of Capital Markets development, etc.
OTHER PROJECTS REQUIREMENTS
- Location: For Phase 1 (2020-2022)of Trust Fund implementation, projects will be implemented in West Africa;
- Duration: Although flexible, projects duration should align with CMDTF Phase 1 period i.e end date = December 2022
- Interested applicants are invited to download fill the attached FIRM- CMDTF REQUEST FOR FUNDS FORM in French or in English ;
- Questions for clarifications may be sent via email to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org with subject: CMDTF Call For Proposals November 2020;
- Applications should be submitted electronically to email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org with email@example.com in copy. Subject should read: Country - CMDTF Call For Proposals October 2020;
- Proposals can be submitted in either English or French;
- The deadline for submission of application forms for this special Call for Proposals is December 15th, 2020.
REVIEW AND EVALUATION OF PROJECTS PROPOSALS.
- Submitted applications will be reviewed and graded with respect to the level of alignment to the objectives and priorities of the Facility;
- Where necessary, shortlisted applicants may be contacted and requested to provide additional information;
- All applicants will be notified of the results of the selection process within the next three months;
- Please note that the submission of a request for financing does not guarantee that the project will be selected for financing.