Use of this Site constitutes agreement with the following terms and conditions:
The MFW4A Site
1. The Making Finance Work for Africa (MFW4A) Partnership Secretariat, hosted by the African Development Bank (AfDB), provides the information, documents, photographs, video clips and other materials (collectively, "Materials") contained in this web site (the "Site") as a courtesy to those who may choose to access the Site ("Users"). Materials presented herein are for informative purposes only.
2. The MFW4A Partnership Secretariat administers this Site. All Material on this Site is subject to these terms and conditions. Unless otherwise provided, any reference in the present terms and conditions to “MFW4A” includes the Making Finance Work for Africa Partnership Secretariat, the Making Finance Work for Africa Partnership and its Partner institutions, including, without limitation, the AfdB.
3. Unless expressly stated otherwise, the findings, interpretations and conclusions expressed in the Materials in this Site are those of the various authors of the work and are not necessarily those of the AfDB or MFW4A.
4. Use of this Site is at User's sole risk. Materials provided on this Site are provided "as is" without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including without limitation warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement. The AfDB and the MFW4A Partnership Secretariat specifically do not make any warranties or representations as to the accuracy, completeness, reliability or current validity of any such Materials. The MFW4A Partnership Secretariat periodically adds, changes, improves, or updates the Materials on this Site without notice. Under no circumstances including, but not limited to, negligence, shall the AfDB or MFW4A be liable for any loss, damage, liability or expense incurred or suffered which is claimed to result directly or indirectly from use of this Site.
5. This Site may contain advice, opinions, and statements of various information and content providers. The AfDB and MFW4A do not represent or endorse the accuracy, completeness, reliability or current validity of any advice, opinion, statement or other information provided by any information or content provider, or any User of this Site or other person or entity. Reliance upon any such opinion, advice, statement, or other information shall also be at your own risk.
Links to Third-party Web Sites
6. This Site contains links to third-party web sites. The linked sites are not under the control of the AfDB or the MFW4A Partnership Secretariat, and the AfDB and MFW4A are not responsible for the contents of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site. The MFW4A Partnership Secretariat provides these links only as a convenience, and the inclusion of a link does not imply endorsement of the linked site by the AfDB or MFW4A.
Linking to the MFW4A Site
7. Generally, Internet web sites may link to the Site without seeking the permission of the AfDB or the MFW4A Partnership Secretariat. However, such links must clearly identify MFW4A as the source of the information displayed and preserve the integrity of MFW4A web pages without alteration.
8. If this Site contains bulletin boards, chat rooms, access to mailing lists or other message or communication facilities (collectively, "Forums"), User agrees to use the Forums only to send and receive messages and material that are proper and related to the particular Forum. By way of example, and not as a limitation, User agrees that when using a Forum, User shall not do any of the following:
- Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others.
- Publish, post, distribute or disseminate any defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent or unlawful material or information.
- Upload or attach files that contain software or other material protected by intellectual property laws (or by rights of privacy of publicity) unless you own or control the rights thereto or have received all necessary consents.
- Upload or attach files that contain viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another's computer.
- Delete any author attributions, legal notices or proprietary designations or labels in any file that is uploaded.
- Falsify the origin or source of software or other material contained in a file that is uploaded. Advertise or offer to sell any goods or services, or conduct or forward surveys, contests, or chain letters.
- Download any file posted by another user of a Forum that you know, or reasonably should know, cannot be legally distributed in such manner.
9. User acknowledges that all Forums or discussion groups are public and not private communications. Further, User acknowledges that chats, postings, conferences, e-mails and other communications by other users are not endorsed by the AfDB or MFW4A, and such communications shall not be considered reviewed, screened, or approved by either AfDB or MFW4A. The MFW4A Partnership Secretariat reserves the right for any reason to remove without notice any contents of the Forums received from Users, including without limitation e-mail and bulletin board postings.
10. All Materials that appear on the Site are the exclusive property of the MFW4A Partnership or of its content providers, unless otherwise indicated. The MFW4A Partnership Secretariat encourages Users to print, download, or copy Material from the Site exclusively for personal and non-commercial use. Users may not resell, redistribute or create derivative works for commercial purposes without the express, written consent of the MFW4A Partnership Secretariat.
11. For copyright permission, please contact secretariat[at]mfw4a.org.
Preservation of Immunities
12. Nothing herein shall constitute or be considered to be a limitation upon or a waiver of the privileges and immunities of the AfDB, which are specifically reserved.
13. If you are a victim or have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or phone call purportedly from, for or on behalf of the MFW4A Partnership Secretariat, do not respond to the email and please email us at secretariat[at]mfw4a.org.
What Information Does MFW4A Collect?
14.1 If you register for an email newsletter, you may be asked for information that helps to identify you, such as your name, email address, and organization. The information you are asked to provide is used for technical and customer administration of the site only and is not shared with third parties.
Non-personally identifiable information
14.2 MFW4A is using Google Analytics to track and analyze information about the usage of MFW4A sites. Google has a Privacy Center where they explain the use of the data they collect: www.google.com/intl/en_uk/privacypolicy.html
Only summaries of visitors’ behavior are produced. Examples of this type of information include statistics on most popular and least popular pages. The information collected cannot be traced back to a particular individual.
The purpose of this data collection is so that MFW4A can better understand the preferences of its visitors and improve its site and services. This information is never connected with any personal information you supply to us if you register on our website.
You are always free to decline cookies, if your browser permits, although in that case you may not be able to use certain features on the site and may be required to re-enter information more frequently to use certain services on the website.
14.4 In addition, the MFW4A Partnership Secretariat also records your IP address, which is the Internet address of your computer, and information such as your browser type and operating system. This information helps us learn about the geographical distribution of our website visitors and the technology they use to access our site.
What If I Don't Want to Share My Information?
14.5 If you register for a newsletter, post a comment to the blog, or contribute to a forum, neither the AfDB nor the MFW4A Partnership Secretariat will share, sell, distribute or rent your information to anyone. Your information will only be shared if you indicate that you would like to receive our newsletter. Your e-mail address will never be shared with any outside party for marketing purposes and will be kept strictly confidential.
14.6 The MFW4A Partnership Secretariat employs a range of technologies to protect the information maintained on our systems from loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration, or destruction.
Notification of Changes
Cookie: A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier that is sent to your browser from a website's computers and stored on your computer's hard drive. Each web site can send its own cookie to your browser if your browser's preferences allow it, but (to protect your privacy) your browser only permits a website to access the cookies it has already sent to you, not the cookies sent to you by other sites. Once the user has closed the browser the cookie will no longer be accessed during that session.
IP Address: When your web browser or email application requests a web page or email from another computer on the Internet, it automatically gives that computer the address where it should send the information. This is called your computer's "IP address." (IP stands for "Internet protocol.") For many users accessing the Internet from a dial-up Internet service provider (ISP), the IP address will be different every time you log on. MFW4A does this to learn about the geographical make-up of its web site traffic.
Web Beacons: Also known as "clear gifs," "web bugs" or "pixel tags," these are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to allow us to count users who have visited certain pages and to help determine the effectiveness of promotional or advertising campaigns. When used in HTML-formatted email messages, web beacons can tell the sender whether and when the email has been opened. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on a user's computer hard drive, web beacons are embedded invisibly on Web pages.